Monday, March 26, 2012

Dynamic DNS app 2.0.0 - a generic app and a dyndns.com dedicated app

I've made an official version of the DynDNS app that is specifically designed to work with DynDNS.com.  The previous app remains as the generic app for all dynamic DNS providers.  The GUI has been redesigned a bit to put the two toggle settings as buttons on the main screen.  I've also done better error handling, especially to prevent the nochg error that can cause you to be blocked by dyndns.com.

Next I'm going to work some more on MySpeed.  First I want to do a "terms" screen for users to accept the first time they use the app.  This is needed for Vodafone Market, although their terms seem to be reasonable.  Specifically they require you to notify the user that their location will be sent to an external server.

I've still planning to make a "simple" and "advanced", or "lite" and "pro" version of MySpeed.  That'll come later.