Friday, December 20, 2013

Introduction

I am Douglas Futrell, an avid Android fan and enthusiast.

I was introduced to android in my college classes at the local college here where I live in small town Texas. The device my classmate carried was a HTC G1 and it absolutely blew my mind. There werent many "smart phones" out during this time that could create a following like Apple Inc. created with their iPhone, so this was something I wanted to invest my time with.

Weeks later I got myself on a contract with TMo to get the My Touch 3g, and instantly I was in love with the phone. Shortly after that, I had friends on Big Red go and obtain the droid eris. From that point on we were all sold on these devices and the Android OS.

10 android devices later and I now own the Samsung Galaxy S 3, which I am completely sold on and have no desire to move from this device anytime within the next year or so, and for the fact my fiance' grounded me from the local Verizon Store. She fears I am going to single handedly make us broke with my constant visits to the store.

Now the purpose of this blog and future updates that I will continue to write are to express my thoughts on multiple devices, their hardware, the manufacturers of these devices, and ulimately use my knowledge of the IT industry and as an IT professional in writings about anything android and possible other device softwares.

The list of devices I have used are displayed below:

In the next day or so I am going to be writing up thoughts and personal experiences with these particular devices, and I may write a post about each device separately, so keep checking back to see what progress I have made.

This is the first ever blog I have written so any advice or creative criticism is more than welcome.