Tuesday, June 26, 2012

MySpeed 1.3.3

Still busy with MySpeed! I've added a feature to rotate the map so that the direction of travel is towards the top of the map. This new feature is enabled by default, but you can disable it if you prefer to have north up.

It took quite a lot of messing about to figure out how to do it, but in the end the solution is very simple. I was also worried that it would have a bad performance effect, but in fact it turns out to be negligible.

I'm going to take a pause from developing new features for my apps for a while. Partly because there's nothing else at the top of my list, and partly because it's summer holiday season.

PS. I see that making the speed text bigger is a recurring theme on the Market comments. I already increased it from the original size, but I guess I need an option to choose from small, medium, large, or something like that.