Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pokémon + Nobunaga’s

Pokémon + Nobunaga’s Ambition crossover is a real thing

There have been countless Pokémon spin-offs over the years, but none have been quite as avant-garde as Pokémon + Nobunaga’s Ambition. The crossover title is a new turn-based role-playing game that mashes Nintendo’s pocket monster franchise with Tecmo Koei’s long-running grand strategy series.
Recently released in Japan for the Nintendo DS, the unusual game has reportedly been appealing more to adults, rather than the typically younger Pokémon crowd. I won’t lie, I myself haven’t been this intrigued by a Pokémon experience since Pokémon Snap for the Nintendo 64, and I applaud the creators for exploring brave new territory with their beloved IP.
Speaking to GamesBeat, a Nintendo representative said that no announcements have been made regarding a Western release, but didn’t exactly say that announcement wasn’t coming, either. All I know is that I better not have to learn Japanese just so I can decimate feudal Japanese warlords with my Snorlax!
For now, enjoy a trailer and as many screens as I could dig up.