Saturday, April 16, 2011

MySpeed 4.2.1 with Bing maps view

Continuing the plan I outlined in my last post, I have now released MySpeed 4.2.1 which has a Bing Maps view.

The next step will be a version that works on devices without the Google API (ie the Google Maps view). Of course it will also use the Google API on devices that have it.

On another subject, last week I also released DynDNS which has a new plugin for Locale and Tasker. A few people have asked me for specific configuration options in DynDNS which I have rejected on the principle of keeping DynDNS simple, but acting as a Locale plugin gives users a lot more possibilities for specific requirements. For example, one common request is to send an update every 24 hours regardless of IP address change. You can do that like this in Tasker: