Friday, January 27, 2012

Removed RemoteAndroid

I've removed RemoteAndroid from my "portfolio" ;-)
It was never reliable enough to do what it was supposed to do, and "find my Android" is one of the most common types of app that anyone can make. It was a nice learning experience, but its time has passed.

Good news: MySpeed uses osmdroid for displaying the OpenStreetMap view. I've been made a committer on osmdroid, so I can make my improvements for MySpeed and feed them back to the base project. I'm mainly working on issue 9. I've actually been working on this ever since I started using osmdroid and before I even noticed that issue 9 is the issue I'm working on. My first checkin didn't go very well because my workspace settings are different to the original source and I made whitespace changes on every line :-(
I've learnt my lesson and will not make that mistake again, I hope.

Better news: I had an email from Google telling me my free Nexus One is on its way :-)
Makes it all worthwhile doesn't it?