Sunday, May 26, 2013

Worked on code analysis using tools like Helgrind,  memcheck, massif, gprof, gcov.

Here is the setup:   I used Mac Lion with Eclipse ADT plugin,  functioning like an Android phone
to control the move of a RobotCar.

I had a Dell laptop with Ubuntu 10.0 running a C code as a server talking to the Android phone.  It has an Arduino with Xbee module connected to it by USB cord.  A RobotCar with another receiving Xbee module on it,  taking signal from the transmitter Xbee connected to the PC.

While running the process,  I noticed if I click 'Quit' button on the Android app,  it won't quit the server side C code.  The C code kept hanging.  When I used Ctrl-C to terminate it,  I won't get a complete
report for gprof.      I modified the java code for 'Quit' button,  added "socket.close()" statement.  Now,
the C code will terminate normally when "Quit" was clicked on Android app.   This way, I was able to get a full report from gprof tool.