Friday, June 14, 2013

SendLog 1.0.7 - send log as attachment

I released version 1.0.7 of SendLog which now sends the top and logcat output as an attachment instead of in the text of the email. I think that basically Intent.EXTRA_TEXT wasn't intended to handle large amounts of text. My recent fixes were intended to limit the amount of text to an amount that can be handled by all phones, but some phones such as the Samsung Fascinate and Samsung Epic 4G still truncated the text. So now I use Intent.EXTRA_STREAM instead, which sends the text as an attachment. Unfortunately this means that only real email clients can handle it - the other things that appear in the list won't handle the attachment. I guess that's not a problem because the only real use of SendLog is to send emails. But just in case, the text file is also stored on the sd card, so you can do what you like with it.

I'm also ready to release MySpeed in the next few days. I've done the download manager and a few other nice things.