Saturday, November 23, 2013

MySpeed 4.1.3 now works as a Locale plugin

I've now made MySpeed function as a plugin for Locale. I don't actually use Locale myself, I use Tasker, which works in a similar way and supports Locale plugins.

The Locale plugin has an action to start MySpeed in the background, and specify routing to a destination. I made the destination use auto-complete, and did the same for the shortcut while I was at it.

I also fixed the sunrise/sunset detection that I put into the previous release. I used the original version of SunriseSunset.java, but it turns out there was a bug that has been fixed by OsmAnd.

More about the Locale plugin - I use it in a kind of simple way - when my phone binds with the Bluetooth in my car it starts MySpeed. When the binding is broken it stops MySpeed. You could also do more complicated things such as when it binds with the Bluetooth in your car on Monday to Friday between 8am and 9am start MySpeed and set routing to work.

Here's a screenshot of my setup: