Sunday, September 18, 2011

I'm working on RemoteAndroid now

I think RemoteAndroid is a useful tool but it requires a bit of extra effort for people to use it. I made some sample pages to demonstrate it but that's still too much effort. So I'm working on a nice user-friendly web front-end for it. I'm using this as an excuse to try out Google App Engine for Java.

I also noticed that the next version of the Android SDK (1.5) prevents apps from controlling GPS like RemoteAndroid does. I suspect it will also prevent me setting airplane mode.

Related to both of those points, and something that's been on my TODO list for a while, I'll change the request parameters to be able to query the settings as well as controlling them. Expect an update to the app soon, followed by an announcement of the web front-end.