Sunday, April 15, 2012

SendLog 1.0.4 limit the size of log output

Since my phone was upgraded to 2.2 the log output of SendLog seems to have got bigger and that seemed to be causing it to be truncated when sent in the email. So I've limited the size of the log output to 300 lines. That's a bit of an arbitrary limit, but it should be okay.

On other subjects:

I released MySpeed a little while ago with some big changes to the OpenStreetMap view. It didn't really change anything with the Google Map view, and I didn't really test it. After the release I tried using the Google Map view again and it seemed to be performing badly. I tried adding some debugging log statements and so on to see what was going on, but it started performing a bit better and there was nothing to see. Since no-one's complained, perhaps it was just my imagination!

I've been doing some work on osmdroid and that seems to be picking up momentum. The applications that are based on this are diverging and it would be nice to see them merging back into osmdroid. I also came across OsmAnd. This is doing the same kind of thing as AndNav2 and OpenSatNav, but they've more or less rewritten the code from scratch and done it very well.

That's it. Nothing else in the pipeline for my apps.