Friday, July 20, 2012

DoubleTwist releases a gorgeous alarm clock app

doubleTwist releases a gorgeous alarm clock app that will make you hate your favorite songs
There are quite a few alarm clock apps around on Google Play that let you set songs or playlists to wake you up to, but I’ve got to say: none of them are going to be nearly as gorgeous as doubleTwist’s. They have also thrown in a sleep cycle mode, so you wake up fresh (how they know when exactly you fall asleep is beyond me).
In my eyes, the killer feature are the clock-faces. I love analog clocks, and I really dig doubleTwist’s offerings. But, reading the user comments that have poured in, I’ve noticed that it can also potentially drain your battery, taking up nearly 20 MB RAM.
If that’s OK with you, head over to Google Play as soon as possible, because the first 10,000 downloads can get it for $1 (after that, the price doubles). Also, if you buy the app then tweet about it and/or like doubleTwist on Facebook, within roughly the next 80 hours, you can get this wall clock that costs $1100.
[Google Play via TechCrunch]