Wednesday, July 11, 2012

SendLog 1.0.3 and MySpeed work in progress

I added a progress dialog to SendLog.

I'm working on a new version of MySpeed that uses the jar version of osmdroid. Actually I've finished it, but I'm also thinking about using Cloudmade routing instead of Gosmore. And perhaps use Cloudmade tiles instead of direct from OpenStreetMap. But before I do that I'm going to fix osmdroid to use Cloudmade tiles properly.
Or maybe I should release the osmdroid jar version first...

The trouble with the new version of MySpeed is that I've upgraded to Android 1.6 and it uses the device's screen resolution. With 1.5 it used a standard size. What this means is that if you have a higher resolution screen then the maps are displayed in higher resolution. In principle that's not a big deal because I added zoom controls in version 2.2.0, but it means that the automatic zoom doesn't look so good. So what I'm trying to do is change the zoom options so that automatic behaves a bit differently - there will be one option to show/auto-hide the zoom controls, and another option to decrease the zoom when moving above 80km/h. But that's not as simple to implement as it sounds.