Wednesday, October 16, 2013

MySpeed 4.1.0 - localised for Dutch, French, German and Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil)

I published an upgrade to MySpeed which has localisation for Dutch, French, German and Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil). These are the most commonly used languages, as I discovered from the Analytics I put into the previous release.

I used Crowdin for the translation. It's not a bad website. It's a bit unclear how it works regarding the different approved and unapproved translations, and it's a bit slow sometimes which can cause you to click the wrong button, and there's very little help or support. But despite that, it seems to be the best site for this kind of thing. I also looked at icanlocalise and String, but these had other weaknesses which I've forgotten now ;-)

I've also got a new icon. Android Market and Vodafone Market ask for a whole load of graphics, so it seemed like a good time to make some better graphics than the one I hacked together in 10 minutes with version 0.1.

Since I'm not much good at graphics or translation myself, I had it done using oDesk. That worked out pretty well.