Monday, January 24, 2011

MySpeed 1.1.0 beta

I've released a new version of MySpeed that continues to run when you switch to another application. By default that option is disabled - go to settings to enable it. This required quite a bit of internal redesign and took a while to get it right.

I've also removed the stuff that doesn't work any more since Android 1.5 - ie trying to turn GPS on and off. This means that MySpeed also asks one less permission when you install it.

And I removed the 'Exit' menu option because it didn't really work. I just make sure that everything is stopped and then the operating system can exit the application if it wants to - that's the way Android is designed.

Now that it's got more than just basic features, and it's stable, I decided it's time to remove the alpha label, although I've kept a beta label for now.