Wednesday, September 18, 2013

MySpeed 5.1.2 - minor update

Just a small update to MySpeed to use a compressed format for the OpenStreetMap cameras that are now being downloaded from my own server.

I also changed the colour of the route to be blue instead of green to be consistent with most routing programs.

I'm still going round in circles a bit with what should be a major change to MySpeed.  I've had the plan for quite a while now to make a version with fewer settings so that it's easier to use out of the box.  I'd also like to make a version that uses mapsforge offline vector maps.  I think the latter should be a paid feature since it requires effort to create and host the maps.  I'm currently thinking that maybe I should remove more features from the MySpeed core and allow users to add them as add-ons.  This is also consist with the idea that I'd like to make it more modular and more easily testable.