Tuesday, July 12, 2011

MySpeed 1.5.1

I've released a new version of MySpeed which shows the files on the import screen in alphabetical order. Perhaps if I thought it was worth the extra effort I would have done it in a more logical order, ie case-insensitive and handling numbers properly. But this is enough for now.

What I'm working on now is routing. The main use of this is so that it can be a bit cleverer about alerting cameras on your route, rather than just cameras that are near you. It will probably just get a route from YOURS and show it. The main worry about this is that it may violate section 2(g) of the Google Maps TOS, but as I read it, I will only violate them if I update the route based automatically on your location, ie if you go off the route and it automatically recalculates. Just showing the route and not updating it doesn't seem to be a problem. I may try using an OpenStreetMap map instead of a Google Map, because then the Google TOS is irrelevant, but I think that will probably not be worth the effort because I use MyLocationOverlay to do a lot of stuff, so instead of that I'll have to manually show the map. We'll see.