Tuesday, July 26, 2011

MySpeed 3.1.0 - more options for map views - satellite, traffic, renderer

I made a small but perhaps significant improvement to MySpeed - added some options specific to the chosen map view.
If you choose Google Maps then you have the option to display map or satellite, and the option to show traffic.
If you choose OpenStreetMap then you have the option of a few different renderers.
I could have also added offline mode option to OpenStreetMap, but I think I'll leave that until tile packs are implemented.

Now I'm working on a download manager for MySpeed. This will let you download speed cameras directly from MySpeed instead of downloading them on your PC and manually copying to your SD card. I've already done it for MapaRadar.com because that's the easiest. Next I'll do flitspaal.nl because I have an account with them. That'll be enough for the next release. I'll try scdb.info next, but my account has expired so I'll have to see about getting a new one. I should probably also do PocketGPSWorld.com, but I don't have an account with them either.

On another subject, the previous fix I made to SendLog also applies to the Samsung Moment.